Monday, November 18, 2013

Response to Retreat: Girls

With the inaugural overnight retreat at the MKC at a successful close, we look back on the overwhelmingly positive response the young women had to this experience.

Their surveys revealed a positive, thoughtful, and poignant response to an experience wherein they allowed themselves to be emotionally vulnerable.

Their responses and quotes are phenomenal. 


"What I liked most about this retreat is that I feel like I have gotten closer to my friends. It felt good to sit around and be able to notice that we all have similar situations in life. Not everyone is perfect. I was able to be confident enough and let all those bad/negative thoughts that I had going through my mind. I now feel relieved. I left a big chuck of negativity behind me. TIME TO MOVE FORWARD AND BE STRONG."

" My favorite message was 'Life is a test; experience is your tutor'-- it's so true."

"Change who you are by changing what you do."

"I liked how we went to the chapel and gave all our things to God. each one of us opened up and saw life differently... not full of darkness-- full of light."

"I liked when we played the rope game. I was able to see that I'm not the only one hurting."

"What I liked most about the retreat is learning that God isn't mad at me and isn't trying to hurt me. I felt God's love..." 

"I liked that everyone shared something. It made us all more comfortable to share because now we know we're not the only ones hurting inside. Also, I feel that I have more people to talk to about my problems and feelings." 

"I liked getting out everything I felt."

"What I liked most about this retreat was getting to share my feelings out loud. it made me feel much, much better than I did at first. i had lots and lots of anger and stress. After this retreat I feel better."

"I liked that we all got to relieve some stress and weight off our hearts without being judged."

"I feel better." 

This overnight retreat for the young women from CMHS was so successful. They left feeling positive, in control, and rejuvenated physically and spiritually. It was amazing to see an anonymous survey with ALL positive responses. Not one girl had anything to negative to say about their experience, their peers, or themselves. We are so proud of the young women who went on this retreat. 
They arrived with open hearts and minds and had an amazing time. 

We cannot wait for the next retreat!


No comments:

Post a Comment