Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Staff Spotlight: Carmen Ontiveros

   In this installment of this series, Carmen Ontiveros will answer questions for our 
"Staff Spotlight"! 




1. Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Brighton Park on the southwest side of Chicago

2. Where did you go to school? 

I went to Trinity High School in River Forest, IL, Loyola University Chicago (B.A. in Political Science), Roosevelt University (Paralegal Certificate), and The John Marshall Law School (J.D.)

3. Did you know you've always wanted to work in the field you’re in now?  

Yes, I always knew I wanted to work with youth at a not for profit. I have mentored a couple of high school students while in college and shortly after graduation. I enjoy working with students. I also enjoy helping youth become successful.

I knew the Maria Kaupas Center was where I was meant to be the first time I visited the Center. I believe in the mission of this great organization and know that the Maria Kaupas Center is helping many youth find their home away from home. The students feel safe, are involved in many fun activities, learn how to be a true leader, and get closer to God and their Catholic faith.

4. What is your favorite thing about the Center? 

 I am thankful for the wonderful staff and volunteers who have truly made a difference in the lives of many students. (My favorite thing about the center).

5. What is your favorite food? 

My favorite food is pasta.

6. What is your favorite book? Why?  
My favorite book is the book by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. She writes about her struggles growing up and how she never gave up. This book inspires me to accomplish my goals and help others accomplish their goals as well. She truly is a role model for our youth today.


A special thanks to Carmen for taking the time to answer these questions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment