Thursday, September 26, 2013

If Jesus Came Today- What Would You Ask Him?

Reflection is the start of every day in our after school programming. A few weeks ago we asked the students a tough question--

"If Jesus came back today, what would you ask him?" 


Their responses were open, honest, and heart-felt: 

"Can you forget everything I did and start over with me?"

"Why do bad things keep happening to me?"

"What religion is right?"

"Where are you?"

"I love you-- thank you!"

"Why do I keep fighting? What am I fighting for?"

"Help my family with money problems."

"Can you help my mom get off drugs?"

"I need your help with my dad. I want to communicate more with him."

"You are someone I can trust with my secrets."

"I would ask if I'm going to Hell-- but first I would say 'I'm sorry'..."

"Can you bring my father back?"

"Will you change my past?"

"Why can't anyone accept me for who I am?"

"My pain is almost too much to handle. Help me."

"How did it feel to be talked about all the time?"

"I don't believe in Jesus."

"I need you to protect me from myself."

"Where have you been when we needed you most?"

"Thank you for letting me have another year."

"Say 'hi' to my mom for me."


No comments:

Post a Comment