Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude: Reflection


"Gratitude is the sign of noble souls."- Aesop

Yesterday in Reflection, we talked about "gratitude". It's easy for many of us to forget just how fortunate we are, when we are focused on what we want. Everything we've been given has helped shaped some part of us. Whether the experiences were good, bad, pleasant or unpleasant-- it has affected us. 

We asked the teens to recognize the things in their life that they are grateful for, whether big or small, we asked--

For what are you grateful?

"Emotionally, I'm grateful for my mother for not giving up on herself or me."

"...being able to [have] free expression."

"My grandmother letting me live with her."

"My aunts taking their money to help me."

"My family"

"My starting circumstances."

"I'm thankful for my life. I wish to help others more."

"I have a mother that supports me."

"I'm grateful for knowing both my parents."

"I'm grateful for not meeting my dad until I was five."

"Everyday I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

"I'm grateful for having someone to talk to when I'm sad."

"I am grateful for my intelligence."

"I am grateful for my family."

"I am grateful for the experience to see my mother and have her in my life."

"I am grateful for my friends, because they show me I am loved."


At times, we are not focused on all we've been given... and we forgot how fortunate we really are. 

A few teens noted that they don't express gratitude enough, and maybe they should. The teens shared openly about all the good that has come into their lives-- and they recognize it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment