Friday, October 11, 2013

Take Off Your Mask- Reflection

Yesterday in Reflection we had a team (teen) leader facilitate the discussion. She used this painting to create a visual connection to her message. She invited her peers to share how they feel people view them-- and how they actually view themselves. 





How do you think others see you?

“People think I am calm and laid back”

"People see me as a nice person and a good friend”

“People see me as an aggressive person with anger issues inside of me”

“My friends see me as a person who is cool and friendly”

“People, friends, and family see me as a beautiful young girl who is cool and funny”

“My friends see me as a crazy, loud, loving, friendly girl.  They also see my emotions…”

“My Ma sees me as the greatest, smartest, blessed son in the world”

“People see me as the weak one or the person who lets other walk all over me.  People take my kindness as a weakness”

“People see me as a person that’s perfect, I see me as someone with issues”

“My Ma sees me as a good person and she wants the best in me”

“People see me as a good person because I am smart and intelligent”

“Courageous, intelligent, lovable, dependable and wise”

“Most of my friends see me in a positive way.”

“Nice, cute, funny and loving”

“Most people see me as a good person.  At times I might slip and make bad choices, but I’m good in some type of way”

“I would say that people see me as sensitive, outgoing, fun, sweet, but sassy and a great person to be around”

“People see me as a person who cares”

“People see me as a funny person – happy smiling and making everyone else smile”

“People see me in a positive way, they know me as being trustworthy and friendly”

“Sometimes I am very awesome”

“People see me as wild, out of control, unstable, fragile, hostile and respectful”


How do you see Yourself?

“I am a kind friend”

“I see myself as someone who is misunderstood”

"I don’t see myself as crazy, but I’m not nice sometimes”

“I see myself as the greatest ever”

“I see myself as a WNBA player and a good, fun person to be around”

“I am insecure”

“I am afraid to make mistakes”

“I see myself as a leader”

“I see myself as loving and confident”

“I see myself as not as smart as others”

“I’m not confident and I’m very afraid of what others think”

“I am not very sensitive to the needs of my friends”

“I’m overweight and I think people don’t like me because of it”

“I am smart and funny”

“I see myself as being real, I don’t go behind people’s back and talk about them”

“I listen to my friends well, but I am also angry.”

“I am disrespectful, cruel, proper, unaffected”

“I am overworked, stressed”

“I put so much pressure on myself”

“I try to make my daddy and others proud”

“I don’t like arguments.  I am always nice to people and they are nice back.”


“I am a person with issues”




Their answers were telling-- honest, open, and reflective. 
We are so proud of every teen here at the MKC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment