Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Best in Me- Rev. Marvin Sapp

Today in Reflection scholars were asked to listen to this moving piece by Rev.Marvin Sapp. 

Scholars were asked the question:
 "Who sees the best in you?"

Scholars were then asked to reflect on the question:
 "What would have to take place in my life to make things easier and more manageable?"








Who in your life sees the absolute best in you and how can you tell?


“My mom sees the best in me - she always says that Iʼm going to be something in life and that she sees good things in me.”

“Mom and girlfriend, Dad and brother because they donʼt tell me they show me.”

“Mom, Dad, siblings, teacher, coach and myself - I know this because when I get on my momʼs nerves she still loves my and doesnʼt shy away from me.”

“My Mother, my grandmother and me. They know what Iʼm about to do and say something.”

“My next door neighbor, my grandmother, my mother and my sister - I get yelled at for doing crazy things,but they say they yell at me because they love me.”

“My mom, she will go the extra mile for me.”

“My mom because she knows what I do and she understands my pain inside. Thanks mom for being there for me.”

“Mom and Dad, Ms. Eckhouse, my best friend and Jesus.”

“My sister sees the best in me because she acts the same around me no matter what mistakes I make.”

“My family, friends, grandpa and grandma - they help me through everything even when I make bad decisions against myself.”

“My mom - no matter what I do, she sees the best in me. She tells me every day that she believes in me.”

“My sister and my friend.”

“My dad is always with me and he believes in me. He believes that I can improve beyond 3 points in the Explore.”

“T Rogers - Because he encourages me and sees good in me even when I donʼt see good in myself.”

“I know that Jesus and my mom see the best in me because I have messed up a lot in my life and they still care for me.”

“My mother and my granddad, but he past - I know he still sees the best in me. They always tell the truth and are honest. They never let me down..”

“God, my deceased father, my aunt, grandma and friends...they say I can do it. They support me in all things I do.”

“My father and grandma because they understand more than anyone else. My dad sees the best in me because every day he tells me I can be whoever I want to be as long as I try my hardest.”

“My grandma sees me for who I am - she shows me and tells me.”

“My friends because sometimes I hurt them and they always forgive me.”




If you could snap your fingers and take something 
away that would make your life easier what would it be?

“Financial problems”

“Homework”

“The stress of having a disability”

“My anger”

“Depression”

“Negativity”

“The bad decision I made”

“My past”

“Drama”

“What I said to my mom”

“Evil”

“The bad relationship with my dad”

“Nothing...the bad I have gone through has made me stronger”

“Being alone a lot”

“Never doing well on tests”

“The pressure to do things I donʼt want to do”

“Anxiety”

“My neighborhood - All I see is young kids dying - I canʼt even go outside”
“My whole family”

“Haters”

“Low self esteem and my tendency to always push myself harder even when things canʼt get any better.”

“When I have bad thoughts”

“Worrying about when I will see dad again”

“How I will tell my parents”

“Break up with my boyfriend but I donʼt want to hurt his feelings”

“A secret”


“Iʼm afraid of something so I guess I would like the fear to go away.”




No comments:

Post a Comment