Friday, October 18, 2013

Reflection: What is Your Relationship with God?

A team [teen] leader ran Reflection yesterday. An insightful teen, she read from "Daily Word for Teens: Discovering What's Sacred in You" (Zuck, Meyer, Daven, 2002.).

Nothing To Fear

"All we need to do is expose fears to the sunlight and they shrink."- Dale Dauten

     I am learning to see the world in a whole new way: I know that God is everywhere present. That means that whether I am walking at night or in the light of day, whether I am in an unfamiliar or familiar place, or whether I am doing something new or something I have practiced many times, God is with  me. Just like darkness is the absence of light, fear is just the absence of love. 
     For instance, if I am afraid of making a mistake in front of a group or an audience, I remember to send them love as I speak or perform. They will receive my message of love and mirror it right back to me! If I am feeling scare in a new environment I am imagine God's love, like a floodlight, dispelling the darkness. in the bright light of love, I see that there is nothing to fear. 

The light of God surround me and protects me wherever I am. 

Daily Word for Teens: Discovering What's Sacred in You" (p.26, Zuck, Meyer, Daven, 2002.)

The Team [Teen] Leader then asked the group about their relationship with God.

They all shared, openly.

One person said "I love God. I go to church when I can, and I talk to him often."

Another student noted that his relationship with God is better than it was a year ago.

This is the progress we hope to reach with these teens daily. Our mission is visible in their hope, personal growth, and spiritual growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment